Some time after WordPress 4.7 was released. I had to make sure SimTerm works well with this new version. So I decided to include some features I was thinking about. I published version 0.3.0 but it had a problem with WordPress 4.2 (I must work with that version in some sites), so I released a few minutes later SimTerm 0.3.1.
These are the changes included in 0.3.0 and 0.3.1:
- Main JS update, now supports:
- Manual replay
- Copy to clipboard (whole term or just a line with double click). I have to work on that a little bit more to make it compatible with more browsers.
- Status bar (use nostatusbar class to return to the default behaviour)
- No animate settings (window won’t be animated by default.
- Fixed word wrap for command or type lines
- Ubuntu terminal theme
- Blue theme (It was implemented in SimTerm before, now it is in showyourterms)
- Terminal won’t replay automatically on mouse over. It was annoying when you were trying to select some text, or even pay attentio to the term and it automatically restarted the animation.
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.7
- Setting to enable/disable automatic animation (default enabled)
- Setting to enable/disable statusbar (default disabled)
- Shortcode settings (animate=”1/0″ , statusbar=”1/0″) to apply to individual terms
- Updated translations
- Fix settings for WordPress 4.2
To avoid animations you can configure the default animation setting (this will avoid all terminal animations) or you can set the animated setting in the shortcode:
[simterm animated="true"] … [/simterm]
Allowed values are:
- 1, true, enabled, yes : to enable
- any other thing : to disable
The statusbar will be improved in the future. It has some options to let the user work with the terminal calling some options like pause, replay, view full term (useful when the animation is too large or slow and you want the information quick) and copy full term to clipboard. There’s also an unused div to show the status text. It would be interesting to use it in the near future.
To show the status bar you must enable it (it’s disabled by default) in the plugin settings, or create the term as it follows:
[simterm statusbar="true"] … [/simterm]
With the same boolean values as “animated”. The result is like this:
I want to make a theme engine for this project, so you can upload themes easily or maybe just change some colors, but please, be patient.
I hope you like this update.